This Undiscovered Alaska and the Yukon Territory tour features many of the most popular scenic vistas that Alaska and the Yukon Territory have to offer—beginning and ending in Anchorage. Take a boat to view breathtaking glaciers on Prince William Sound and watch for eagles, whales, dolphins, mountain goats, and more. Between Anchorage and Tok, enjoy beautiful views of Matanuska Glacier. Between Tok and Whitehorse, behold spectacular vistas of Kluane National Park’s rugged mountains. Between Dawson City and Fairbanks, delight in the stunning scenery as you motor over the Top of the World Highway. More magnificent scenery awaits you on your journey aboard the Alaska Railroad between Fairbanks and Denali National Park. Travel through untamed wilderness and delight in viewing the awe-inspiring scenery via wide windows and the domed-roof car. With its six million acres, Denali National Park & Preserve is home to North America’s highest peak and offers majestic landscapes. Your two nights in Denali give you the opportunity to explore on your own or to take optional outings, such as a helicopter ride over the park or a wilderness tour to seek out grizzly bears, moose, and more. In addition to witnessing breathtaking scenery, this Alaska and Yukon Territory tour offers you a chance to learn about the Klondike Gold Rush. Follow the Trail of ’98 over the same mountains that determined gold seekers travelled in the middle of winter. Visit Skagway and stroll the wooden sidewalks where thousands of hopeful miners came in 1898. In Dawson City, see where the first gold strike was made and enjoy the ragtime music, can-can girls, and old-fashioned casino just as the prospectors did over a century ago. But that’s not all… your Alaska holiday includes a 7-night Alaska cruise. Explore the remote and rugged beauty of areas such as Glacier Bay National Park, Juneau, Ketchikan, and the amazing Inside Passage. With magnificent scenery, opportunities to witness wildlife in the natural environment, and awe-inspiring experiences, this Alaska tour is a once-in-a-lifetime holiday!
- Adventure is knocking with everything you need for perfectly affordable touring. Cosmos includes hand-selected accommodations, guided sightseeing, and seamless transportation between destinations—with value-minded travel lovers in mind. Explore with expert Cosmos Tour Directors and Local Guides, and private, first-class, air-conditioned motorcoach. Enhance your free time to explore like a local with your CosmosGO mobile app!
- Journey on the Alaska Railroad from Fairbanks to Denali National Park and a cruise on Holland America’s MS Nieuw Amsterdam or MS Noordam is included.
- Cruise itineraries are provided by Holland America Line and are up to date at time of publishing. Your travel documents will contain the most current information.
- Your package price includes Holland America’s ‘Have It All Premium Cruise Package.’ Included for 2024: Signature Beverage package, $100 Shore Excursion Credit, One dinner in a specialty restaurant and Surf Wi-Fi package
- At least one member of the travelling party must be 21 years of age or older.
- Wildlife in Alaska is often seen in early season (May-early June).
- Visiting and participating in activities in these locations is subject to weather conditions.
-This tour travels to the Yukon Territory, which is part of Canada. Non-U.S. citizens may need a visa.
- Alaska and the Yukon are blessed with exquisite scenery, fascinating attractions, and an extraordinary amount of daylight in the summer months. We take advantage of these extended daylight hours in this vast territory; therefore, some of the travelling days can be long. However, rest assured there are frequent photo and comfort stops.
- Enjoy the spectacular colours of Alaska & the Yukon on our special Fall Foliage departure: August 21 (if Mother Nature permits).